Every year Forbes magazine reveals popular lists of richest people across the world in different categories and with its 2020 rankings, the company has released the top 10 youngest billionaires starting from the youngest. Have a look:
- Of the 2,095 billionaires in the world, only ten are under 30. Together, this precocious bunch is worth $15.9 billion. They span the globe, hailing from the U.S., Brazil, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland and Norway__Forbes Report.
- Just three of this elite cohort are self-made billionaires: Snap cofounder CEO Evan Spiegel, John Collison of payments startup Stripe and, yes, makeup mogul Kylie Jenner.
- Collison, born and raised in Limerick, Ireland, but now living in San Francisco, is the richest billionaire under 30, with a fortune of $3.2 billion.
- The seven others under 30 all inherited their wealth.
- Jonathan Kwok, 28, first became a billionaire in his own right after his father passed away.
- Alexandra Andresen, now 23, has been a billionaire since she was 19 thanks to her stake in Ferd, the Norwegian investment company her father still runs.
Forbes Top 10 Youngest Billionaires In The World
KYLIE JENNER NET WORTH: $1 BILLION
SOURCE OF WEALTH: COSMETICS
The celebrity-turned-makeup-mogul is the world’s youngest self-made billionaire ever. In November, she inked a deal to sell a 51% stake in Kylie Cosmetics to beauty giant Coty Inc. for $600 million.
ALEXANDRA ANDRESEN NET WORTH: $1.1 BILLION
SOURCE OF WEALTH: INVESTMENT FIRM
KATHARINA ANDRESEN NET WORTH: $1.1 BILLION
SOURCE OF WEALTH: INVESTMENT FIRM
The Norwegian sisters each inherited 42% of the family-owned investment company Ferd in 2007. Their father Johan still runs Ferd and controls 70% of the voting rights via a dual-class share structure.
GUSTAV MAGNAR WITZOE NET WORTH: $2.3 BILLION
SOURCE OF WEALTH: FISH FARMING
Witzoe owns nearly half of Salmar ASA, one of the world’s largest salmon producers, which is still run by his father. The Norwegian heir has dabbled in modeling as well as tech and real estate investing.
ELIZABETH FURTWAENGER NET WORTH: $1.2 BILLION
SOURCE OF WEALTH: PUBLISHING
Furtwaenger and her older brother Jacob were each given a 37.4% stake in the family’s German media company by their father, Hubert Burda, who is no longer a billionaire. Burda Media’s titles include the German editions of Elle and Playboy. Furtwaenger and her brother Jacob serve on the board of directors.
JONATHAN KWOK NET WORTH: $2 BILLION
SOURCE OF WEALTH: REAL ESTATE
Kwok, along with his older brother Geoffrey, inherited their late father Walter Kwok’s stake in Sun Hung Kai Properties, Hong Kong’s largest developer, in 2018. Shares of Hong Kong-listed SHKP have declined nearly 18% since the coronavirus outbreak at the start of the year.
JOHN COLLISON NET WORTH: $3.2 BILLION
SOURCE OF WEALTH: STRIPE
Stripe, the payments company founded by John and his older brother Patrick, raised $250 million from investors at a $35 billion valuation in September 2019. John, born and raised near Limerick, Ireland, now lives in San Francisco, where Stripe is headquartered.
EVAN SPIEGEL NET WORTH: $1.9 BILLION
SOURCE OF WEALTH: SNAP
The Snapchat cofounder is one of the youngest CEOs of a publicly-traded company in the world. After rallying in 2019, Snap stock is down 50% since the start of the year. Spiegel, who was born in the U.S., quietly became a dual American-French citizen in 2018, according to reports in the French press.
PEDRO DE GODOY BUENO NET WORTH: $1.1 BILLION
SOURCE OF WEALTH: DIAGNOSTIC SERVICES
A newcomer to the billionaire ranks, Pedro is the son of the late Edson de Godoy Bueno (d. 2017), once Brazil’s richest healthcare billionaire. Bueno is the CEO and largest shareholder of laboratory services firm Diagnósticos da América SA, which has seen its shares nearly triple over the past year.
LISA DRAEXLMAIER NET WORTH: $1 BILLION
SOURCE OF WEALTH: AUTO PARTS
Draexlmaier and her father, Fritz, are co-CEOs of Fritz Draexlmaier Holdings GmbH, the holding company of the autoparts maker of the same name. Lisa, now the sole owner, joins the billionaires’ list for the first time.
Thank you for reading Forbes Top 10 Youngest Billionaires In The World to the end.