DR Dre may not have become “the first billionaire in hip-hop” as he promised in 2014, but he is still one of the richest men in the business.
Dr. Dre is an American rapper, producer, and entrepreneur. He started out as a producer for the rap group N.W.A in the 80’s, eventually going solo and moving into entrepreneurship.
He’s worked with some of the best hip-hop artists of all time, and sold his brand ‘Beats By Dr. Dre’ to Apple several years ago for $3 billion!
Dr. Dre’s net worth is estimated to be $820 million, which makes him the 3rd richest rapper in the world.
Facts About Dr. Dre (Dr. Dre Net Worth)
- Dr. Dre may not have become “the first billionaire in hip-hop” as he promised in 2014, but he is still one of the richest men in the business.
- Dre has a net worth of $820 million, according to Forbes.
- Much of his fortune comes from the sale of Beats Electronics to Apple in 2014.
- The producer and musician used his wealth to purchase multiple luxury properties in Los Angeles, in addition to setting up a program in his name at USC.
- Dr. Dre was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2016 because of his role in N.W.A.
- Dr. Dre founded Aftermath records in 1996. Through Aftermath, a division of Interscope, Dr. Dre helped launch the careers of both Eminem and 50 Cent.
Dr. Dre Biography
Dr. Dre, real name Andre Romelle Young, was born on the 18th February 1965, in Compton, California.
His parents married in 1964, separated in 1968, and divorced in 1972. His mother later remarried and had three children: two sons Jerome and Tyree, who are both deceased, and one daughter, Shameka.
Dre initially attended Vanguard Junior High School in Compton. However, due to the increase in gang violence, he moved to Roosevelt Junior High School, which was located in a safer district.
Dr. Dre House
Dre has used his wealth to purchase multiple luxury properties in Los Angeles.
Just a few weeks after the Apple deal was announced, word spread that Dre had paid $40million for the 14,000-square-foot Brentwood mansion that New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and supermodel Gisele Bundchen had built from scratch.
Highlights include a moat, sweeping terraces, and an infinity pool with views of the Pacific Ocean.
Dr Dre owns $80million in real estate in Los Angeles alone.
This includes a $12.5million Malibu beach front property.
Dr. Dre Net Worth
Dr. Dre is currently among the most sought after and 3rd richest rappers in the world, with an estimated net worth of $820 Million Dollars.