Never thought you’d hear the words ‘healthy sausage casserole’? Well, here it is. This all-in-one-dish dinner is packed with veggies for a perfect midweek meal.
Each serving provides 348 kcal, 34g protein, 33.5g carbohydrates (of which 18g sugars), 7g fat (of which 2g saturates), 9.5g fibre and 1.8g salt.
- 2 red peppers, seeds removed, cut into chunks
- 2 carrots, cut into thick slices
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 5 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 8 lean sausages
- 400g tin peeled cherry tomatoes
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained
- 200ml/7fl oz vegetable stock
- 1 green chilli, seeds removed, chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp French mustard
- 100g/3½oz frozen mixed vegetables