Google News is quickly becoming a one-stop shop for many Internet users. It allows searchers to see the latest headlines or select the stories they want by topic and news source.
As a site owner, it’s also a great place to ramp up your daily site visitors and page view and content strategies.
For many companies, chatter and name recognition are as important as sales and revenue. One may even lead to the other. That’s why public relations and content marketing are so important in the age of digital marketing, and why sites like Google News have become increasingly valuable.
Google News has certain standards you have to follow if you want your content to appear there. Comply with these requirements and enjoy all the benefits of a result in Google News.
How to submit your site To submit your site, follow the steps below:
- FOLLOW GOOGLE’S GUIDELINES
- Your website is one of thousands that’s trying to get exposure on Google. With so much content coming in, the site doesn’t have time to deal with pages that don’t meet all of their requirements.
- You don’t want to run the risk of your site being rejected because you didn’t follow the rules, so make sure each page of your site conforms to the guidelines set by Google News.
- Once you’re sure the content is valuable and presented objectively, it’s ready for the next step.
- Open Google News Publisher Center.
- Use Search Console to verify ownership of your news site.
- Click Request inclusion in news index.
- Enter your website details, including news section URLs and labels.
- Click Submit.
- After your inclusion request is submitted, “Inclusion request submitted” displays and your site is reviewed by the Google News team within the next 1-3 weeks. Website owners can check the Publisher Center for updates on their inclusion requests.
If your website is accepted, you’ll see “Included” under News. If your site submission is rejected, you’ll see “Review complete: Site rejected.”. Note that once your site is rejected due to inability to meet up with good policy for inclusion, you will have to wait another 60 days before you can re_apply.
Do you have any questions or any contributions? You can drop it on the comment section, you shall get a response as soon as possible.