How to send money on Facebook using Facebook Messenger on your computer or mobile device: Before you can send money on Facebook, though, you’ll have to input either your debit card, credit card, or PayPal information.
You can easily send money on Facebook through the Messenger app, on both your computer and mobile device.
Sending and receiving money can be done with a tap thanks to money sharing applications such as Cash App and Venmo, where users can transfer funds without having the need to whip out their wallets and use cash.
Similarly, the Facebook Messenger app allows users to send or receive money once they have have either a debit card or PayPal account on file.
Here’s how you can send money on Facebook.
How to send money on Facebook using your computer
1. Open Facebook on your Mac or PC.
2. Start a conversation with the individual that you’d like to send money to by either clicking the messenger icon in the top menu or finding the individual by using the “Contacts” list located on the right side of your screen.
3. Click the dollar sign located at the bottom-right corner of your screen, below the text box of your conversation.
4. Enter the amount of money that you wish to send to the recipient. Enter your debit card information.
5. Then, click “Pay” to finish your transaction.
How to send money on Facebook using your mobile device
1. Launch the Facebook Messenger app on your iPhone, Android, or tablet.
2. Start a new conversation by pressing the new message icon in the top-right corner. If you’d like to send money in a previously started conversation, tap on the individual’s name in your inbox.
3. In the conversation, tap the “$” icon to the left of the textbox. If you haven’t sent money through Messenger before, tap the blue “OK” button on the next screen.
4. Then, enter the amount of money you wish to send to the recipient, and add a note if you’d like.
5. Tap “Pay.” In the next window add either your PayPal account or debit card. Follow the instructions to set up your payment method, tap “Save,” and then “Pay” to complete your transaction.