You can set reminders in Slack to keep track of everything on your plate. rafapress/Shutterstock
- You can easily set a reminder in Slack to remind yourself of all of your tasks or meetings.
- There are many types of reminders you can set in Slack, including message or file reminders, list reminders, and recurring reminders.
- For the most part, you can use the simple command “/remind” to set these up, but if you want to be reminded of a specific message or file, the process is different, though still simple.
Slack gives you a ton of options for setting up reminders. For example, you can set reminders to do things at specific times by using the command “/remind” followed by an action and time (like 9:00 a.m. or Mondays, if you want it to be a recurring reminder), within your personal direct message area.
You would then get a message about that action at the time you set. As a variation, you can also use that format and instead tag someone else or a channel so that they get the message on time.
But, if you wish to set a reminder in Slack, here’s how.
How to set a reminder in Slack on a computer
1. Hover over the message or file you want to be reminded about.
2. Click the three dots in the top-right corner.
3. Hover over “Remind me about this.”
4. Select a reminder timeframe.
After that, your workspace slackbot will remind you about that message or file in the amount of time you requested. And you can always use the command “/remind list” to see a list of your reminders at any time.
How to set a reminder in Slack on a mobile device
This is how to set reminders on either the iPhone or Android version of the Slack app:
1. Tap and hold on the message or file you want to set a reminder about.
2. Select “Remind Me.”
3. Select your desired timeframe.
How to set a reminder in Slack to stay on top of your tasks and meetings