The whole world is shut down as a preventive measure to stay safe from COVID-19. People are now feeling it like a college hostel atmosphere at their home.
In fact, the major countries around the globe have shut down all the trade and social life. It’s complete silence in whichever country you look at.
There has been a great dip in the economic status of many countries. But one industry is making the best of profits since their birth.
The online gaming industry all around the globe is making high yields. Online Gaming has turned out to be the best source of entertainment for people staying within their house 24/7.
Watching tv, spending time with family may sound good, but currently, we have undergone weeks of quarantine status therefore there is definitely a vacuum in our entertainment and engagement.
We wanted to make life a little easier for you! We know how hard it can be to think up games on the spot, so we rounded up this list of 40 fun family games to get you started. We suggest keeping this list as a reference so you can easily find it for your gaming time!
Now let get to the list and choose the on that soot you
1. Word Square – Show your smarts, creativity, and skill with this fun game! How many words can your create without getting blocked!? Supplies: pencil and paper.
2. The Sentence Game – This family game is such a fun one to play with a group of people. It’s like a combination of Pictionary and telephone – and the results are ALWAYS hilarious. Click on the link for the exact instructions on how to play. There’s even a game template that you can print onto your paper. (The template isn’t necessary, but does make it easier.) Supplies: pencils and paper.
3. Classification – Scattegories has always been one of our favorite family games, this is like a homemade version that classic fave. It always keeps my kids entertained and we have fun thinking of different 5-letter words and categories to use. Supplies: pencils and paper. We also have a Spouse Scattergories Game that is SO fun!
4. Who Am I? – This is a game that everyone has probably played at least once at a party but it’s also a quick and easy, last-minute, family game. Each person gets 20 questions to find out “who they are.” We like to use Disney characters and cartoons when we play with our little kids. Sometimes, we’ll even use names of our extended family. Supplies: pencils and paper.
5. The Name Game – This game is also known as the game where people yell really loud for some reason!! Supplies: pencil, paper, and stopwatch.
6. Discretion – This family game is perfect to play during a big family dinner. Supplies: pencils and paper.
7. Take a Hint – You’ll need 2 teams of 4 to play this fun and tricky game – you give hints, but only have one chance to guess the word correctly. This is a game you’ll want to check out! Supplies: pencils and paper.
8. How Do You Doo – Similar to name that tune, except you take turns seeing how many songs you can get your team to guess in 5 minutes by singing only the word “doo.” Supplies: pencil, paper, and stopwatch.
9. Movie ID – This is such a fun game! It’s a little bit like Catchphrase in that you’re trying to get your team to guess what’s on the card, but it’s even more fun because you are bidding against another team to see who can get their team to guess with the least number of words. Supplies: pencil, paper, and stopwatch.
10. Hang Man – This is a classic family game. Many a car ride has been filled with hang man! Make it more interesting by adding rules like: if you guess a wrong letter you have to do a silly task. Supplies: pencils and paper.
11. 4 Papers – Choose a category (like movie titles or book titles) then each player writes down 3-4 things that fit the category on slips of paper and put into a pile. Split into 2 teams.
You will go through 4 rounds of play. For each round, set the timer for 1 minute and each player tries to get their team to guess as many slips of paper as possible following the round rules.
If your turn ends and they haven’t guessed the current slip yet, put it back in the pile for someone else. Players have 1 pass per round.
If they pass, the paper goes back in the pile. Alternate between teams until all of the papers are gone. Some players may go twice.
Add up the score as you go, 1 point per correctly guessed slip. Put papers back in the pile and start the next round.
At the end of round 4 the team with the highest score wins! Round rules: Round 1: Describe the paper without using any words on the paper. Sound effects allowed. No actions.
Round 2: You can use one word or sound effects only. No actions. Round 3: Charades. No sounds.
Round 4: Freeze frame. The team closes their eyes and the player takes a single position/pose then tells the team to open their eyes.
Player cannot make noises or move. Supplies: pencils and paper.
12. Reverse Charades – Don’t like the spotlight on you when you are acting? This game is perfect because you act as a group and one person is responsible for guessing the correct answer! Grab some paper slips and have everyone write down a few things to act out.
You set the categories and determine how many points you need to win! If your teammate guesses correctly before the timer runs out, you get a point! Your family game night is gong to be FULL of laughter. Supplies: pencils and paper.
13. What If – Someone writes a “what if” scenario, then you pass to the next person. They fold it over and write the “then” statement. You read them in a way that makes it really funny! Supplies: pencils and paper.
14. Who is Telling the Truth – This is a super funny, get to know you game/storytelling game! We love family games teach us new things about each other. Supplies: pencils and paper.
15. Mafia – You can’t trust anyone in this fun game! Try to figure out who the members of the mafia are without knowing who you can trust – and before they murder you!! Supplies: pencils and paper. For a fun group date we have a Murder Mystery party that is SO fun!
16. Word Ladder – Who can create the shortest ladder between two words by changing only one letter at a time? Supplies: pencils and paper.
These family games will take you back to your college days… or your elementary years… Truth is, it doesn’t matter how old you are, these games are timeless!
17. Online poker– The online version of Poker started at the end of nineties. The online version is considered a revolution for poker lovers. Now there are millions of players playing Texas Hold’em and Omaha poker.
There is a great amount of thrill available at the table that brings in players to the table every day. Same like online rummy, online poker can fill in your wallet. The game is available all day makes it easy for players to access the game anytime, anywhere.
18. Online Rummy– The card game did have greater popularity, but this quarantine period has, even more, increased the traffic in the online rummy industry. Rummy being a skill game makes players committed mentally with the game. Playing the game boosts your mind and also favours people earn money. With almost all the earning options locked, online rummy is the best for people. Earning and mental strengths are the major positives of the game.
19 Online Ludo– The game with more than 300 million downloads in the last three years, is one among the best for you to enjoy the quarantine period. The biggest advantage of this game is you can play this game with all your family members at the same time. You can also challenge players and friends who you wish to.
You can also win bonus coins to play more. You can play against various topographic locations. Ludo is very easy to learn and also very much popular among Indians even before its online platform entry. Online Ludo app and a decent internet connection are all enough to enjoy gaming.
20. PUBG– Who would missout to experience excellent action sequences just from their house. Especially during this quarantine session in the country. High defined graphics, unbelievable gaming experience are some identities of PUBG. Every time you head on to the app, there are many new battling tactics you are going to learn.
You can get connected with your long distant friend. This is last man standing game, so the curiosity never comes down throughout the game. The first man shooter game is donning the global gaming industry in the past years.
21 Counter strike– Do you love to experience being at a military base? This game is for you. There are almost one million concurrent players in the game. The game has now broken an all-time record and is reaching new peaks. Playing in both the terrorist and counter-terrorist group makes the games spicier every time you log in. The game actually started off as Half-life.
22. Two Truths and a Lie – Can you guess which statement is a lie? Simply state 3 things about yourself, but only 2 are true. No supplies needed!!
23. Sardines – We used to play this game ALL the time in college. It’s such a simple game, but it is hilarious every time. No supplies needed!!
24. 4 on the Couch – Try to get 4 people from your team on the couch! Sounds easy, right? This is a great family game for reunions! No supplies needed!!
25. Signs – Pass secret hand signs around without getting caught in this hilarious game of Signs. No supplies needed!!
26. The Bomber – Red team’s goal is to get the bomber and the president in the same room by the end of the game while the blue team is trying to keep them apart. For full rules, download the free print and play version from their website (Download PnP)! No supplies needed!!
27. Ghost in the Graveyard – Try to not get caught by a ghost in this mashup of the classic family game, hide-and-seek! No supplies needed!!
28. Psychiatrist – One person (the doctor) leaves the room. Everyone picks an “illness.” The doctor returns and has to figure out what the illness is by just asking questions. No supplies needed!!
29. Hide & Seek – In this classic family game, one person is “it” and covers his/her eyes and counts while everyone else hides. The “it” person then goes and hunts for the hiders.
The found hiders can either be out and wait for all hiders to be found, or they can also become another “it” person and help find the rest of the hiders. The last person found is the winner. No supplies needed!!
30. The Animal Game – Everyone stands/sits in a circle and there is one person in the middle with their eyes closed. They spin in a circle or count to 10 while everyone else changes places in the circle.
Then, the person in the middle points at someone and gives them a command to make a specific animal sound. For example “bark like a dog” or you can make it more fun like: “cackle like a chicken who is laying an egg,” etc.
The person being pointed at then has to make that sound. The person in the middle has to guess WHO made the sound. I’m telling you, this family game cracks our crew up every time we play. No supplies needed!!
31. Would You Rather – You can play it as described in the link OR assign different sides of the room to be Option 1 and Option 2. Have everybody answer by going to the side of the room that correlates with their option. No supplies needed!! Not a family game, but we have a Bedroom Edition and it is FUN! 😉
32. Fortunately, Unfortunately – A fun, story telling game where players alternately add turn-for-the-worse and turn-for-the-better plot twists to the story. Seeing where these stories go is hilarious! No supplies needed!!
33. How’s Yours – Try to guess the object everyone has in common in this clever family game! No supplies needed!!
34. I Went to Market – Can you remember what everyone bought at the market? No supplies needed!!
35. Secret Dancer – See if you can figure out who the secret dancer is in this hilarious family game! No supplies needed!!
36. Assassin – Catch the winking assassin before he winks at YOU! No supplies needed!!
37. Hot Camera Game or Selfie Hot Potato – Even the name sounds fun! Similar to hot potato, except you are passing around a camera pointed at your face that has a timer set. If it “flashes” while you are holding it, not only do you get a funny selfie taken, but you also have to do a silly “challenge” or “punishment” determined by the others. With a family full of kids who love their own face… this family game is a hit! Supplies: Camera with a timer.
38. Sticky Face – Race to see who can stick the most sticky notes on their face in 1 minute. Supplies: sticky notes.
39. Cotton Ball Glitz – Players have to coat their noses with lotion and then see how many cotton balls they can get out of the bowl in a minute only using their nose. Hilarious! Supplies: bowls, cotton balls, lotion.
40. Bubble Game Race – This would be a great family game or party game. You get to eat your way through whipped cream to find the gum! Then show your bubble gum blowing skills! No hands allowed. Supplies: Plates, gum, canned whipped cream.
Thanks for your time, see you on our next post, please share this among friends and family member to keep others members of your family busy with interesting games.