Chief Michael Adeniyi Agbolade Ishola Adenuga Jr, GCON (born 29 April 1953) is a Nigerian billionaire businessman, and the third richest person in Africa. His company Globacom is Nigeria’s second-largest telecom operator, which has a presence in Ghana and Benin. He owns stakes in the Equitorial Trust Bank and the oil exploration firm Conoil (formerly Consolidated Oil Company). Forbes has estimated his net worth at $7.7 billion as of February 2020.
Below are the top amazing facts to known about the billionaire Mike Adenuga who is currently the second richest man on earth.
- Adenuga, Nigeria’s second richest man in Nigeria, built his fortune in telecom and oil production.
- His mobile phone network, Globacom, is the second largest operator in Nigeria, with 50 million subscribers.
- His oil exploration outfit, Conoil Producing, operates 6 oil blocks in the Niger Delta.
- Adenuga got an MBA at Pace University in New York, supporting himself as a student by working as a taxi driver.
- He made his first million at age 26 selling lace and distributing soft drinks.
- In May 2015, Adenuga made a takeover bid to purchase Ivorian mobile telecom’s operator Comium Côte d’Ivoire for $600 million.
- In 2009, Adenuga was detained for money laundering by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission. He subsequently left the country and lived in London until the Umaru Musa Yar’Adua regime granted him a pardon.
- In 1990, he received a drilling license and in 1991, his Consolidated Oil struck oil in the shallow waters of Southwestern Ondo State, the first indigenous oil company to do so in commercial quantity
- He was issued a conditional GSM licence in 1999; after it was revoked he received a second one when the government held another auction in 2003.
- Position In The World, 287 richest man on earth as of 2020
- Position In Africa’ Third Richest Man In Africa
- ResidenceLagos, Nigeria
- Marital StatusMarried with 7Children
- Education Master of Business Administration, Pace University
Mike Adenuga Forbes Net Worth
Mike Adenuga is currently the second richest man in Nigeria and the third richest black person on earth, with estimated net worth of $7.7 billion dollars.
His company Globacom is Nigeria’s second-largest telecom operator, which has a presence in Ghana and Benin. He owns stakes in the Equitorial Trust Bank and the oil exploration firm Conoil.