Tony Elumelu Net Worth And Biography
Tony Elumelu Net Worth: Tony Elumelu is a Nigerian Business mogul, investor, Human developer, and a philanthropist who has a net worth of $1 billion dollars according to Forbes 2014 world billionaire ranking.
- Elumelu joined the Forbes‘ African billionaire club in November 2014 with $1 billion.
- He fell off the next year. On the magazine’s real-time billionaire’s sheet, he holds the 31st position on Africa’s 50 Richest list with an estimated net worth of $700 million, as of November 2015.
Tony Elumelu Net Worth
The Nigerian entrepreneur and investor is one of the most influential business leaders across the continent. He is also the Chairman of Heirs Holdings, an African investment company with interests in major sectors.
Quick Insight To Tony Elumelu Profile
- Name: Tony Elumelu
- Known as: Tony Elumelu
- Age: He is currently 57 Years old
- State Of Origin: Delta State, Nigeria
- Nationality: Nigerian
- Source Of Income: BUSINESS
- Position In Business: CEO @UBA
- Marriage: Married
- Net Worth: $1 billion dollars
Tony Elumelu Biography
Tony Elumelu was born on 22nd March 1963, He’s currently 57 years old. Tony hails from Onicha-Ukwu in Aniocha North Local Government Area of Delta State. He has a bachelor’s degree in Economics from Ambrose Alli University and a master of science degree in the same course from the University of Lagos. Tony Elumelu subsequently graduated from Harvard Business School. He is known for the part he played in the acquisition of the then Standard Trust Bank and growing it to become one of the top banks in Nigeria.
Tony Elumelu’s Career
In 2005, he was involved in the purchase of the United Bank for Africa which he led to become a pan-African bank institution with a presence in 19 African countries.
Tony Elumelu serves as an advisor to the USAID’S Private Capital Group for Africa (PCGA) Partners Forum. He is also the Co-Chairman of the Aspen Institute Dialogue Series, a Food Security Strategy Group, on Global Food Security. He is the chairman of the Ministerial Committee to establish world-class hospitals and diagnostic centers across Nigeria. He is a member of the Global Advisory Board of the United Nations’ Sustainable Energy for All Initiative (Sustainable Energy for All). He also runs the Tony Elumelu Foundation which has empowered thousands of entrepreneurs across Africa.
Tony Elumelu has investments in diverse sectors including the financial services, energy, real estate, hospitality, agro-business, and the healthcare sectors all through his investment company, Heir Holdings.
Tony Elumelu believes in Africanism which is a belief that the private sector is a key enabler of economic and social wealth creation in Africa.
Tony Elumelu Personal Life
When he is not working with young entrepreneurs to improve Africa’s importance in the global economy, the stylish banker is jet setting all over the world. In January, he rang in the new year by skiing with his family in St Moritz, Switzerland.
When he is not spending quality time with his family in the UK or New York, he can be spotted with other wealthy Nigerian men like Femi Otedola. He was recently seen having a good moment with pop star Wizkid ahead of the UBA’s launch in Mali.
The Nigerian billionaire is married to Awele Vivien Elumelu, a medical doctor. Like her husband, she is the founder of Avon Medical, a healthcare facility in Lagos state.
Tony Elumelu Awards And Recognition
- Member of the Order of the Federal Republic 2003
- National Honour 2006
- African banker of the year by African Banker magazine 2008
- African Business leader of the year by Africa Investor magazine 2008
- National Honour of Commander of the order of Niger (CON) 2012
- Africa’s 20 most powerful people by Forbes magazine 2012
- 100 Most Influential Africans in Business by New African Magazine 2012
- Honorary Doctorate of Science Degree From Benue State University 2012
- Honorary Doctorate of Business Administration from UNN 2012
- Leadership Award in Business and Philanthropy from the AAI 2013
- ESI Most influential Figures in African Power 2015
- CGECI Academy’s Lifetime Achievement Award 2016
Tony Elumelu Net Worth.
Tony Elumelu is currently one of the richest and the most influential business man in Nigeria, With an estimated net worth of $900 million dollars.