UWA:NATIONAL UNION OF BENIN STUDENTS (NUBS), UNIBEN/UBTH, EXECUTIVES COUNCIL RESOLUTION IN RESPONSE TO THE RAPE AND MURDER OF ITS MEMBER.
In response to the pressing issue of alleged Rape and Murder of our beloved member; Miss Uwaila Omozuwa, NUBS EXCOS, on 31st May 2020 resolved to:
- Praying and consoling the family of late Uwa, always. Sending tributes and condolences.
- Directing the attention of appropriate authorities to intervene in seeking justice for Uwa. Including our Benin Traditional Council.
- Embarking on advocacy campaign for justice to prevail. Physically and online. Tagged; #JusticeforUwa. #SaynotoRape. #Saynotomurder.
- Seeking, continuously, for information that will aid investigations.
- Ensuring our media platforms and team do not rest till justice is served.
- Ensuring other NUBS members from other tertiary institutions across Nigeria join force in demanding justice.
- Requesting every member’s efforts in seeking justice for miss Uwaila Omozuwa.
- Thanking every concerned person, Institution, body or Union and security Agency working tirelessly to quell such callous acts.
SIGNED: IGUMA ITOHAN, President, NUBS, UNIBEN/UBTH
Contact Igunma Itohan Via 08114080484.